From: Brian Barrett (brbarret_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-03-09 22:17:18

On Mar 9, 2006, at 2:51 PM, Tom Rosmond wrote:

> I am trying to install OPENMPI on a Linux cluster with 22 dual
> Opteron nodes
> and a Myrinet interconnect. I am having trouble with the build
> with the GM
> libraries. I configured with:
>
> ./configure --prefix-/users/rosmond/ompi --with-gm=/usr/lib64 --
> enable-mpi2-one-sided

Can you try configuring with --with-gm (no argument) and send the
output from configure and make again? The --with-gm flag takes as an
argument the installation prefix, not the library prefix. So in this
case, it would be --with-gm=/usr, which is kind of pointless, as
that's a default search location anyway. Open MPI's configure script
should automatically look in /usr/lib64. In fact, it looks like
configure looked there and found the right libgm, but something went
amuck later in the process.

Also, you really don't want to configure with the --enable-mpi2-one-
sided flag. It will not do anything useful and will likely cause
very bad things to happen. Open MPI 1.0.x does not have any MPI-2
onesided support. Open MPI 1.1 should have a complete implementation
of the onesided chapter.

> and the environmental variables:
>
> setenv FC pgf90
> setenv F77 pgf90
> setenv CCPFLAGS /usr/include/gm ! (note this non-standard
> location)

I assume you mean CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/include/gm, which shouldn't cause
any problems.

> The configure seemed to go OK, but the make failed. As you see at
> the end of the
> make output, it doesn't like the format of libgm.so. It looks to
> me that it is using
> a path (/usr/lib/.....) to 32 bit libraries, rather than 64 bit (/
> usr/lib64/....). Is this
> correct? What's the solution?

I'm not sure at this point, but I need a build without the incorrect
flag to be able to determine what went wrong. We've built Open MPI
with 64 bit builds of GM before, so I'm surprised there were any
problems...

Thanks,

Brian

--