From: Troy Telford (ttelford_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-03-09 19:43:41

> The configure seemed to go OK, but the make failed. As you see at the
> end of the
> make output, it doesn't like the format of libgm.so. It looks to me
> that it is using
> a path (/usr/lib/.....) to 32 bit libraries, rather than 64 bit
> (/usr/lib64/....). Is this
> correct? What's the solution?

First thing's first: Does it compile okay with gcc?

I say this because PGI's compiler has proven stubborn from time to time:
I can compile Open MPI with PGI 6.0 just fine, but PGI 6.1 won't compile
for me either (different reasons, though -- I posted my problem earlier
this week).

That being said:
The distros get mixed in my mind, so I'm not sure if yours is one that:
a.) Puts 32-bit libs in /lib32 and /usr/lib32, with 64-bit libs in /lib64
and /usr/lib64 (and /lib points to lib64)
b.) 32-bit libs are in /lib and /usr/lib, and 64-bit are in /lib64 and
/usr/lib64

If your machine is a 'b' then yes, it does appear to be trying (and
failing) to use a 32-bit libgm.so

The first thing I'd do is make sure you have a 64-bit version of libgm.so;
at least that is what I suspect.

Locate all instances of libgm.so, run 'file libgm.so' to ensure one of 'em
is 64-bit, and that the 64-bit library is in a path where the linker can
find it (ld.so.conf or LD_LIBRARY_PATH).

--
Troy Telford