From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-03-07 15:26:18

On Mar 7, 2006, at 8:45 AM, Michael Kluskens wrote:

> I will begin using the 1.1 snapshot as soon as I see r9198 or
> higher. The dynamic process creation is critical to my project and I
> need the full range of features that have been discussed on the list
> recently regarding the MPI_SPAWN.
>
> I would think that errors like this should be backported to the 1.0.x
> series, I assume the hesitation comes from the possibility of
> creating additional errors in the process.

The hesitation is mainly because we want 1.0.x to have a limited life
-- current SWAGs are for 1.1 in mid-May (i.e., not that far away).
With only finite time and monkeys, we can only work on so many things
at a time, so time spent improving/fixing 1.0 is time that is not
necessarily spent working towards 1.1.

Make sense?

--
{+} Jeff Squyres