From: Brian Barrett (brbarret_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-03-02 12:09:18

On Mar 2, 2006, at 11:34 AM, Xiaoning (David) Yang wrote:

> Thank you for the help. I did include path to orted in my .tcshrc
> file on
> mac2, but I put the path at the end of the file. It is interesting
> that when
> I logged into mac with ssh, the path was included and orted was in
> my path.
> But when I ran "ssh mac2 which orted", orted was not found. It
> finds orted
> only after I move the path from the end of .tcshrc to the beginning
> of the
> file. Strange. Again, thanks and at least I may make MPI work.

Do you have a test like if ( $?prompt ) exit towards the end of
your .tcshrc? Most .tcshrc files do, and the end is only evaluated
for interactive shells (which the one to start the orted is not).
This is probably why moving it to the top helped.

Anyway, glad to hear things are working for you.

Brian