From: Troy Telford (ttelford_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-03-01 17:14:30

On Wed, 01 Mar 2006 11:55:16 -0700, Bjoern Nachtwey <b.nachtwey_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I tried to compile OpenMPI using the PortzlandGroup compiler Suite, but
> the
> configure-script tells me, my fortran compiler cannot compile .f or .f90
> files. I'm sure it can ;-)

The first thing I check for is that the PGI Compiler /is/ able to compile
f or .f90 files. I don't mean to imply that it's not capable; but if
there's something wrong with the compiler licenses, and the PGI compiler
is therefore /refusing/ to compile anything.

After that, I've been able to get Open MPI 1.0.1 to compile with PGI 6.0:
Here's what I do:

#/bin/bash
export CC=pgcc
export FC=pgf90
export F77=pgf77
export CXX=pgCC
export CFLAGS="-Msignextend -fPIC"
export CXXFLAGS=$CFLAGS
export FFLAGS="-Mnosecond_underscore"

/configure
make

(There's actually a bit more to it than that, but most of the differences
have to do with the installation prefix, for package management purposes)

That being said, I have been unable to get OpenMPI to compile with PGI 6.1
(but it does finish ./configure; it breaks during 'make').

--
Troy Telford