From: Brian Barrett (brbarret_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-25 00:25:53

On Feb 24, 2006, at 7:24 PM, Greg Lindahl wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 24, 2006 at 04:44:19PM +0100, Benoit Semelin wrote:
>
> Rainer wrote:
>
>>> PS: When compiling OpenMPI are You using a combination of gcc for
>>> C/C++
>>> and ifort for Fortan compilation?
>>> This will not work, as the compilers have different views on e.g.
>>> boolean
>>> variables and values, so parameter passing from Your code into
>>> OpenMPI
>>> will be botched up. Currently, You may only use C / Fortran
>>> Compiler from
>>> one vendor.
>
> That's kind of surprising, I don't know why you would want to require
> that bool and LOGICAL have the same values. We (and Intel) both do
> bool like g++ does, but we each do LOGICAL to match the history of our
> Fortran compilers. I never imagined anyone would think these should be
> the same.

I believe this is something that is fixed in the upcoming 1.0.2
release. One of those things that slipped through the cracks during
the runup to 1.0, since only a couple of functions in the MPI
interface deal with Fortran LOGICALs directly (other than sending
them around, that is).

Brian

--
   Brian Barrett