From: Greg Lindahl (lindahl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-24 19:24:10

On Fri, Feb 24, 2006 at 04:44:19PM +0100, Benoit Semelin wrote:

> Well I have actually tried with 2 different versions: 8.0.034 and
> 8.1.018. The config.log is attached (I hope this works on the mailing
> list...)

Looks like ifort on your system is generating 32-bit .o files by
default.

configure:20653: gcc -O3 -DNDEBUG -fno-strict-aliasing -I. -c conftest.c
configure:20660: $? = 0
configure:20670: ifort conftestf.f conftest.o -o conftest
ld: warning: i386:x86-64 architecture of input file `conftest.o' is incompatible with i386 output

Rainer wrote:

> >PS: When compiling OpenMPI are You using a combination of gcc for C/C++
> >and ifort for Fortan compilation?
> >This will not work, as the compilers have different views on e.g. boolean
> >variables and values, so parameter passing from Your code into OpenMPI
> >will be botched up. Currently, You may only use C / Fortran Compiler from
> >one vendor.

That's kind of surprising, I don't know why you would want to require
that bool and LOGICAL have the same values. We (and Intel) both do
bool like g++ does, but we each do LOGICAL to match the history of our
Fortran compilers. I never imagined anyone would think these should be
the same.

-- greg