From: Benoit Semelin (benoit.semelin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-24 10:44:19

Rainer Keller a écrit :

>Could You please email the config.log file?
>Also, it would be interesting what version of intel-compiler You are using.

Well I have actually tried with 2 different versions: 8.0.034 and
8.1.018. The config.log is attached (I hope this works on the mailing
list...)

>>The installation works fine with g95 and gfortran (provided I specify
>>the 64 library in LD_LIBRARY_PATH in the case of gfortran)
>>
>>But then, when I compile my code with mpif90, it takes about 15 minutes.
>>

>Can You strace, on where the compiler is hanging?

The compiler is not hanging it is completing the task, it just slows
down very much for modules that contain MPI calls...

But in between I found out that if I replace the proprer f90 "USE MPI"
by the old " include 'mpif.h' ", it compiles at normal speed...

>PS: When compiling OpenMPI are You using a combination of gcc for C/C++ and
>ifort for Fortan compilation?
>This will not work, as the compilers have different views on e.g. boolean
>variables and values, so parameter passing from Your code into OpenMPI will
>be botched up. Currently, You may only use C / Fortran Compiler from one
>vendor.

Okay, I guess this is it. I am indeed using gcc, g++ and intel fortran.
Then I should try with icc?

Benoit.