From: Brian Barrett (brbarret_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-24 08:14:29

On Feb 24, 2006, at 5:25 AM, Pierre Valiron wrote:

> I have tried to build the 1.0.2a8 version on Solaris Opteron with
> Sun Studio 11.
> The configure fails on attempting to guess the largest fortran
> integer. I attach my build script, and output from configure.
>
> Hopefully there is a simple fix.

Open MPI has both a Fortran 77 and Fortran 90 bindings layer, so we
configure and test both compilers. You need to add two more
environment variables to get Open MPI configured correctly:

F77=f77
FCFLAGS="-O -xtarget=opteron -xarch=amd64"

The F77 / FFLAGS set the Fortran 77 compiler and its associated
flags. FC / FCFLAGS set the Fortran (90,95,03) compiler and its
associated flags.

Because F77 was unset, configure tried using the g77 it found in your
path. But because FFLAGS *was* set, it tried using the arguments in
FFLAGS, which are for Sun's compiler, not gcc.

Hope this makes sense,

Brian

--
   Brian Barrett