From: Bogdan Costescu (Bogdan.Costescu_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-24 07:55:59

On Fri, 24 Feb 2006, Emanuel Ziegler wrote:

> So "No rout to host" means that the TCP package could not be sent
> (usually host down, broken routing table, network interface down,
> ...). But it's 'ping'able and even rsh works fine.

... or some packet filtering is enabled. Check with 'iptables -L -n'
run as root. Open MPI and port-based blocking are not compatible,
search the archives of either this list or the LAM/MPI users list for
discussions.

> BTW, /etc/hosts.allow says "ALL : ALL", so there should be no
> trouble. Do I have to modify /etc/securetty in order to allow
> orterun to access the machines or is the rsh/rlogin entry
> sufficient?

If running commands on remote nodes with rsh is already working (as
you showed in the first message), there shouldn't be any additional
settings needed.

--
Bogdan Costescu
Telephone: +49 6221 54 8869, Telefax: +49 6221 54 8868