From: George Bosilca (bosilca_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-21 10:21:12

On Feb 21, 2006, at 5:37 AM, Jeff Squyres wrote:

> On Feb 21, 2006, at 2:06 AM, George Bosilca wrote:
>
>> I'm not an SVN expert, but unfortunately we all get these messages
>> from
>> time to time. Keep doing "svn up" and somehow they dissapear. When
>> svn up
>> succeed, all the changes have been merged in your local copy.
>
> You might want to ensure that you have a recent version of SVN. "svn
> --version" will show what you have; the latest version is 1.3.0. See
> http://subversion.tigris.org/

I'm always using the latest version of subversion (it's the default
on the unstable debian) and Scott say he's using 1.3.0. So, it's not
that we're not trying to use the most up2date version. It's clear,
svn is getting better but there are still some issues.

>>> 2) I saw a commit message with Subject "[OMPI svn] svn:open-mpi-
>>> tests
>>> r490" and another one with Subject "[OMPI svn] svn:open-mpi
>>> r9098". Are
>>> there two sets of revision numbers on the same subversion
>>> repository?
>>> How do I check out r490?
>>
>> These 2 commits are on 2 separate repositories. The first one is in
>> the
>> ompi-mpi-tests while the second is on the ompi trunk. We're using the
>
> Actually, our tests repository is private because it contains tests
> that we do not have permission to redistribute. Hence, you will not
> be able to check out the ompi-tests repository.

Then maybe we should stop the ompi-tests messages from going into the
svn_at_open-mpi.org. They contain the diff, so anybody can guess our
private files after a couple of these messages...

   george.

"Half of what I say is meaningless; but I say it so that the other
half may reach you"
                                   Kahlil Gibran