From: Andy Vierstraete (andy.vierstraete_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-15 05:38:48

Hello Jeff,

the problem is solved, I installed openmpi-1.1a1r9045, and now it works.

Thanks,

Andy

Jeff Squyres wrote:

>Ok, we've finally migrated over all the I/O forwarding fixes to the
>v1.0 branch. They've been on the trunk for a little while, but we
>have certain procedures that have to be followed to get things
>committed on the release branch and it took a little time -- sorry
>about that.
>
>Can you try a nightly tarball from tonight -- either the trunk or a
>v1.0 tarball and let us know how it goes?
>

>On Feb 13, 2006, at 9:46 AM, Andy Vierstraete wrote:
>

>>Hi Peter,
>>
>>I tried first with 2 nodes, but is was the same problem, it hang.
>>Then I tried with 1 node, and copied that output in my previous
>>mail. When I checked the process status (with 2 nodes), one of the
>>migrate processes was using 100 %, the other was sleeping. But
>>after 15 minutes, still no output change.
>>
>>Andy
>>
>>Peter Beerli wrote:

>>>it does not work, but with lam-mpi

>>>you started openmpi on only _one_ node, migrate needs at least
>>>_two_ nodes to run (as you did in lam-mpi) migrate actually aborts
>>>when running on only one node, it should show an error message so,
>>>like this zork>which mpirun /usr/local/openmpi/bin/mpirun
>>>zork>mpirun -machinefile ~/onehost -np 1 migrate-n migrate-n
>>>============================================= MIGRATION RATE AND
>>>POPULATION SIZE ESTIMATION using Markov Chain Monte Carlo
>>>simulation ============================================= compiled
>>>for a PARALLEL COMPUTER ARCHITECTURE Version debug 2.1.3 [x]
>>>Program started at Mon Feb 13 09:03:45 2006 Reading N ... Reading
>>>S ... In file main.c on line 697 This program was compiled to use
>>>a parallel computer and you tried to run it on only a single node.
>>>This will not work because it uses a "single_master-many_worker"
>>>architecture and needs at least TWO nodes Peter
>>>

>>--

* Youth is a wonderful thing. What a crime to waste it on children. *
*                                             (George Bernard Shaw) *
Andy Vierstraete
Department of Biology
University of Ghent
K. L. Ledeganckstraat 35