From: Brian Barrett (brbarret_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-14 08:48:49

On Feb 13, 2006, at 12:29 PM, Xiaoning (David) Yang wrote:

> I'm installing OpenMPI on a solaris system and got the following error
> message when running make:
>
> /usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/sparc-sun-solaris2.6/2.95/../../../../
> include/g++-3/s
> tl_config.h:151: _G_config.h: No such file or directory
>
> What does it mean and how to solve the problem. Thanks for any help!

It is hard to tell without seeing the surrounding output, but it
appears that your C++ compiler is configured incorrectly and not able
to compile STL code. You might want to try building a simple Hello,
World example using the IOStreams (like the one below) -- if that
doesn't work, you need to talk to your sysadmin or the supplier of
the GCC binaries you are using and figure out how to get simple
applications to compile. If the simple example compiles, please send
us the config.log from your Open MPI source tree and a bit more of
the output from make.

Thanks,

Brian

--