From: Andy Vierstraete (andy.vierstraete_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-13 09:46:39

Hi Peter,

I tried first with 2 nodes, but is was the same problem, it hang. Then
I tried with 1 node, and copied that output in my previous mail. When I
checked the process status (with 2 nodes), one of the migrate processes
was using 100 %, the other was sleeping. But after 15 minutes, still no
output change.

Andy

Peter Beerli wrote:

>Dear Andy,
>
>you wrote that with openmpi:
>

>>avierstr_at_muscorum:~> mpiexec --hostfile hostfile -np 1 migrate-n
>>

>it does not work, but with lam-mpi
>

>>avierstr_at_muscorum:~/thomas> mpiexec -np 2 migrate-n
>>

>you started openmpi on only _one_ node, migrate needs at least _two_
>nodes to run
>(as you did in lam-mpi)
>migrate actually aborts when running on only one node, it should show
>an error message so, like this
>
>zork>which mpirun
>/usr/local/openmpi/bin/mpirun
>zork>mpirun -machinefile ~/onehost -np 1 migrate-n
>migrate-n
> MIGRATION RATE AND POPULATION SIZE ESTIMATION
> using Markov Chain Monte Carlo simulation
> compiled for a PARALLEL COMPUTER ARCHITECTURE
> Version debug 2.1.3 [x]
> Program started at Mon Feb 13 09:03:45 2006
>

>Reading N ...
>Reading S ...
>
>In file main.c on line 697
>This program was compiled to use a parallel computer
>and you tried to run it on only a single node.
>This will not work because it uses a
>"single_master-many_worker" architecture
>and needs at least TWO nodes
>

>Peter

* Youth is a wonderful thing. What a crime to waste it on children. *
*                                             (George Bernard Shaw) *
Andy Vierstraete
Department of Biology
University of Ghent
K. L. Ledeganckstraat 35