From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-10 18:08:50

On Feb 6, 2006, at 8:32 PM, Glen Kaukola wrote:

> Anyway, here are the times on a few runs I did with Open MPI
> 1.1a1r887.
> Basically what I'm seeing, my jobs run ok when they're local to one
> machine, but as soon as they're split up between multiple machines
> performance can vary:
>
> 4 cpu jobs:
> 2:16:27
> 2:01:35
> 1:24:20
> 1:03:55
> 1:22:43
> 1:31:53

Wow -- am I reading this correct in that you are seeing a delta of
over 1 minute in runs of the same application with the same data?
That should absolutely not be happening.

If you haven't already (I'm joining this thread late), can you send
us your input deck so that we can try to reproduce this?

--
{+} Jeff Squyres
{+} The Open MPI Project