From: Josh Hursey (jjhursey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-10 08:44:17

Alex,

Checkpoint/Restart is not supported in Open MPI, at the moment. The
integration of LAM/MPI style of process fault tolerance using a
single process checkpointer (e.g. BLCR) is currently under active
development. Unfortunately, I cannot say exactly when you will see it
released, but keep watching the users list for updates.

Cheers,
Josh

On Feb 10, 2006, at 4:25 AM, Alexandre Carissimi wrote:

> Hi;
>
> I'm trying to use BLCR to checkpoint OpenMPI applications
> but I'm having lots of problems. To begin, I'm note sure that
> openmpi recognizes blcr. I compiled open mpi with the
> --with options like I used to do with lam versions.
>
> The ompi_info doesn't seems to show blcr support.
>
> Any hints? Someone tryed to do that?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Alex

> CARISSIMI, Alexandre Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul
> asc_at_[hidden] Instituto de Informática
> Tel: +55.51.33.16.61.69 Caixa Postal 15064
> Fax: +55.51.33.16.73.08 CEP:91501-970 Porto Alegre - RS - Brasil

----
Josh Hursey
jjhursey_at_[hidden]
http://www.open-mpi.org/