From: Peter Beerli (beerli_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-08 12:42:00

Dear Brian,

The original poster intended to run migrate-n in parallel mode, but the
stdout fragment shows that the program was compiled for a non-MPI
architecture
(either single CPU or SMP pthreads) [I talked with him list-offline
and it used pthreads].
A version for parallel runs shows this fact in its first couple of
lines, like this (<@@@@):
   MIGRATION RATE AND POPULATION SIZE ESTIMATION
   using Markov Chain Monte Carlo simulation
   compiled for a PARALLEL COMPUTER ARCHITECTURE
<@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
   Version debug 2.1.3 [x]
   Program started at Wed Feb 8 12:29:35 2006

As far as I am concerned migrate-n compiles and runs on openmpi
1.0.1. There might be some use in running
the program multiple times completely independently through openmpi
or lam for simulation purposes, but
that would not be a typical use of the program that can distribute
multiple genetic loci on multiple nodes and only having
the master handling input and output (when compiled using configure;
make mpis or configure;make mpi)

Peter

----
Peter Beerli,
Computational Evolutionary Biology Group
School of Computational Science (SCS)
and Biological Sciences Department
150-T Dirac Science Library
Florida State University