From: Josh Hursey (jjhursey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-06 08:56:18

mlistus,

Thank you for your question. The integration of fault tolerant
techniques into Open MPI is under active development at the moment.
As the site notes, we are scheduled to incorporate many forms of
fault tolerance into Open MPI which were previously supported by our
core projects, and likely some new methods as we go along.
So we will support:
  - FT-MPI: user directed, and communicator driven fault tolerance
  - LA-MPI: data reliability, and network fault tolerance
  - LAM/MPI: process fault tolerance by checkpoint and restart

I cannot state a timeline for the completion of any of these styles,
but I can say they are in active development. Look for updates on
this users list, and on the website.

Cheers,
Josh

On Feb 6, 2006, at 4:59 AM, m listus wrote:

> hello list,
> i'd like to know about the state of fault-tolerance in
> open-mpi. it's said on the site that ompi takes
> features from ft-mpi and la-mpi (among others), but i
> couldn't find any reference on the site, nor during my
> superficial search in the sources.
> so, is ft implemented or en route?
> thanks in advance,
> mlistus