From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-03 23:57:37

Konstantin --

This problem has been fixed on the trunk; it will probably take us a
few days to get it committed on the release branch (v1.0), but it
will definitely be included in the upcoming v1.0.2.

Would you mind trying a nightly trunk snapshot to ensure that we have
fixed the problem? Any r number after 8893 should have the fix:

        http://www.open-mpi.org/nightly/trunk/

Many thanks.

On Feb 3, 2006, at 2:05 AM, Jeff Squyres wrote:

> Konstantin --
>
> I am able to replicate your error. Let me look into it and get back
> to you.
>

> On Feb 1, 2006, at 12:16 PM, Konstantin Kudin wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Here is an update. The code crashes only when it is launched by
>> mpirun, and the actual piece of code where it happens is this:
>>
>> IF ( ionode ) THEN
>> 30 READ (parse_unit, fmt='(A256)', END=10) line
>> IF( line == ' ' .OR. line(1:1) == '#' ) GO TO 30
>> tend = .FALSE.
>> GO TO 20
>> 10 tend = .TRUE.
>> 20 CONTINUE
>> END IF
>>
>> Basically, the 1st node is supposed to reach the end of file while
>> reading in a file, and jump to line "10". Instead, it crashes at line
>> 30 with the message "forrtl: severe (39): error during read, unit 5,
>> file /dev/ptmx".
>>
>> If I add a keyword to the end of the file "END", and then never let
>> the program see the end of file, it works fine.
>>
>> Is there a patch for Open-MPI that would fix that?
>>
>> Thanks!
>> Konstantin
>>
>> --- Konstantin Kudin <konstantin_kudin_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> The package Quantum Espresso (QE) 3.0 from www.pwscf.org works fine
>>> with MPICH 1.2.7 and these versions of Intel compilers.
>>>
>>> QE also compiles fine with Open-MPI. However, when trying to run
>>> the
>>> CP program from the package with either Open-MPI v1.0.1, or the
>>> latest
>>> nightly build [ 1.0.2a4r8848 ], the following error is produced
>>> (also
>>> in the *.tar.gz file):

>>> forrtl: Input/output error
>>> forrtl: severe (39): error during read, unit 5, file /dev/ptmx
>>> Image PC Routine Line
>>> Source
>>> cp.x 000000000084931F Unknown Unknown
>>> Unknown
>>>
>>> The program cp.x reads its data from the std. input, and writes to
>>> std. output.
>>>
>>> The files config.log, ompi_info.log, and a slightly more detailed
>>> output of the error are in the attached file.
>>>
>>> Any ideas what might be wrong?
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>> Konstantin

> {+} Jeff Squyres