From: Konstantin Kudin (konstantin_kudin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-01 13:16:09

 Hi,

 Here is an update. The code crashes only when it is launched by
mpirun, and the actual piece of code where it happens is this:

    IF ( ionode ) THEN
30 READ (parse_unit, fmt='(A256)', END=10) line
       IF( line == ' ' .OR. line(1:1) == '#' ) GO TO 30
       tend = .FALSE.
       GO TO 20
10 tend = .TRUE.
20 CONTINUE
    END IF

 Basically, the 1st node is supposed to reach the end of file while
reading in a file, and jump to line "10". Instead, it crashes at line
30 with the message "forrtl: severe (39): error during read, unit 5,
file /dev/ptmx".

 If I add a keyword to the end of the file "END", and then never let
the program see the end of file, it works fine.

 Is there a patch for Open-MPI that would fix that?

 Thanks!
 Konstantin

http://mail.yahoo.com