From: Brian Granger (bgranger_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-01-29 18:09:08

Hi,

I have compiled and installed OpenMPI on Mac OS X. As I undertstand it, I can have mpirun start jobs using either ssh/xgrid or any other system (PBS, etc.) that I have installed. How can I configure which method is used? What process does ompi/orte go through to select which method to use?

Currently I am mainly interested in ssh/xgrid at this point, but PBS soon. How do these work? From poking around it looks like there are lots of MCA parameters for the ras/pls modules that are relevant. But there is very little documentation about what they all do.

Can anyone give me pointers about where to look for more documentation?

Thanks,

Brian

Brian Granger, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Physics
Santa Clara University
bgranger_at_[hidden]
Phone: 408-551-1891
Fax: 408-554-6965

This message scanned for viruses and SPAM at SCU (MGW2)