From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-01-28 10:09:55

On Jan 27, 2006, at 7:27 PM, Tom Rosmond wrote:

> system, so I am unfamiliar with its details. Rather than go
> through the
> laborious process of rebuilding the system with Fedora, I would
> like to
> get a definative answer on how to prevent this problem (i.e. avoid
> having ssh ask for a password, and why is orted not found, when it is
> clearly in my path)

This looks like it might be an ssh issue. You probably need to setup
your ssh keys so that you are not prompted for a password upon
logins. Check out this FAQ entry:

http://www.open-mpi.org/faq/?category=rsh#ssh-keys

As for the PATH issue, check out these FAQ entries:

http://www.open-mpi.org/faq/?category=running#adding-ompi-to-path
http://www.open-mpi.org/faq/?category=running#mpirun-prefix

Let me know if this helps.

--