From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-01-26 08:38:53

On Jan 25, 2006, at 6:32 PM, Daryl W. Grunau wrote:

>> Is there a more scalable way to do this, perchance?
>
> I was trying to make the option-generator into a function which
> could be
> called in the %description section or in the %configure line so you'd
> only need to maintain one area. I haven't figured that out yet (or
> determined if it were possible) ... if not possible, I'd be willing
> to hack
> out the %description flags if you'd accept the other area.

How about this -- what if we use the same syntax, but only use the
5-10 most popular configure options? (e.g., location of gm/mx/mvapi/
openib and a few others)

Then have a generic "pass this entire string through to configure"
option such that you can do something like:

        rpmbuild --with gm=/opt/gm --with-whole-string "--enable-debug --
with-some-other-option=foo"

So the common cases will be covered via the --with interface, but if
you need to do something special (like pass in --enable-debug and/or
--with-some-other-option), you can.

Could that be done?

--
{+} Jeff Squyres