From: Daryl W. Grunau (dwg_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-01-25 18:32:13

> Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 13:19:42 -0500
> From: Jeff Squyres <jsquyres_at_[hidden]>
> Subject: Re: [O-MPI users] ompi spec file
> To: Open MPI Users <users_at_[hidden]>
>
> David --
>
> Many thanks for this; I learned some new RPM tricks in here. :-)
>
> I love the "--with ..." interface. The only thing that concerns me
> is the scalability -- we have to add two things for each --with/--
> enable option that we have for configure. Granted, we probably won't

Yep (sigh)

> be adding too many more, but some change over time is going to be
> inevitable. It would be great if we didn't have to also remember to
> edit the specfile when we add a feature to configure.

That's why I was trying to give it to you as you'd know right off if/when
other options appeared or changed syntax ;)

> Is there a more scalable way to do this, perchance?

I was trying to make the option-generator into a function which could be
called in the %description section or in the %configure line so you'd
only need to maintain one area. I haven't figured that out yet (or
determined if it were possible) ... if not possible, I'd be willing to hack
out the %description flags if you'd accept the other area.

Daryl