From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-01-06 09:52:44

On Jan 6, 2006, at 8:13 AM, Carsten Kutzner wrote:

> Looks like the problem is somewhere in the tuned collectives?
> Unfortunately I need a logfile with exactly those :(

FWIW, we just activated these tuned collectives on the trunk (which
will eventually become the 1.1.x series; the tuned collectives don't
exist in the 1.0.x series).

Until right before the holidays, the tuned collectives were developed/
tested only by a small subset of the Open MPI developers. Whenever
we turn on any new functionality in the code base, it's inevitable
that some bugs will be exposed by testing by other developers/users
-- so thanks for your patience!

We also just [re-]activated the stack-tracing facility so that one
can get some at-least-somewhat helpful information upon SIGFPE,
SIGSEGV, and SIGBUS -- that's where those stack traces are coming
from. This also does not exist in the 1.0.x series.

--
{+} Jeff Squyres
{+} The Open MPI Project