From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-01-05 14:21:12

What concerns me, though, is that Open MPI shouldn't have tried to
compile support for real(16) in the first place -- our configure
script should have detected that the compiler didn't support real(16)
(which, it at least partially did, because the constants seem to have
a value of -1) and then the generated F90 bindings should not have
included support for it.

This is why I'd like to see the configure output (etc.) and see what
happened.

On Jan 5, 2006, at 12:59 PM, rod mach wrote:

> Hi.
>
> To my knowledge you must be using gfortran 4.1 not 4.0 to get access
> to large kind support like real(16)
>
> You can verify by trying to compile the following code with gfortran.
> This compiles under gfortran 4.1, but I don't
> believe it will work under 4.0 since this support was added in 4.1.
>
> program test
>
> real(16) :: x, y
> y = 4.0_16
> x = sqrt(y)
> print *, x
> end
>

> --Rod
>
> ------
> Rod Mach
> Absoft HPC Technical Director
> www.absoft.com
>

>> Error: Kind -1 not supported for type REAL at (1)
>> In file mpi_address_f90.f90:331
>>
>> make[2]: Leaving directory `/work/source/openmpi-1.0.1/ompi/mpi'
>> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
>> make[1]: Leaving directory `/work/source/openmpi-1.0.1/ompi'
>> make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
>>
>> I used the following variables:
>> FC=gfortran
>> CC=gcc
>> CXX=g++
>> F77=gfortran
>>
>> Any hint on how to solve this problem? Thanks.
>>
>> Jyh-Shyong Ho, Ph.D.
>> Research Scientist
>> National Center for High Performance Computing
>> Hsinchu, Taiwan, ROC

{+} Jeff Squyres
{+} The Open MPI Project
{+} http://www.open-mpi.org/