From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-01-05 09:11:52

On Jan 3, 2006, at 11:35 AM, Brian Barrett wrote:

> The problem is that Torque (and all the PBS derivatives I've seen)
> only provide static libraries and we are trying to build a shared
> library linked against those static libraries. This happens to work
> for x86 code, but not for x86_64 code. Unfortunately, the only
> solution at this time is to build Open MPI as static libraries with
> the configure options "--enable-static --disable-shared".

We talked about this issue a bit more off-list, and even talked to
the Torque developers about it.

I have amended the FAQ to include specific information about this issue:

        http://www.open-mpi.org/faq/?category=building#build-rte

Torque plans to ship shared libraries someday (at which point this
issue becomes moot), but the exact timing is currently unknown.

--
{+} Jeff Squyres
{+} The Open MPI Project