From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-01-04 15:14:05

On Jan 4, 2006, at 2:08 PM, Anthony Chan wrote:

>> Either my program quits without writing the logfile (and without
>> complaining) or it crashes in MPI_Finalize. I get the message
>> "33 additional processes aborted (not shown)".
>
> This is not MPE error message. If the logging crashes in
> MPI_Finalize,
> it usually means the merging of logging data from child nodes fails.
> Since you didn't get any MPE error messages, so it means the cause of
> the crash isn't expected by MPE. Does anyone know if "33 additional
> processes aborted (not shown)" is from OpenMPI ?

Yes, it is. It is from mpirun telling you that 33 processes -- in
addition to the error message that it must have shown above that --
aborted. So I'm guessing that 34 total processes aborted.

Are you getting corefiles for these processes? (might need to check
the limit of your coredumpsize)

--
{+} Jeff Squyres
{+} The Open MPI Project