From: Brian Barrett (brbarret_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-01-03 12:48:36

On Dec 30, 2005, at 4:01 PM, Michael L. Stokes wrote:

>> On Dec 30, 2005, at 1:05 PM, Michael L. Stokes wrote:
>>
>>> I have compiled and installed OpenMPI on a SUSE based SGI PRISM (8
>>> processor model). I configured the build with --with-
>>> device=ch_shmem,
>>> otherwise I took all the defaults. I installed as root using the
>>> default
>>> install prefix. SO good so far. Then I compile my hello world
>>> project
>>> using mpiCC, and again this looks good. I run ldd on the executable
>>> and I
>>> was convinced that is is using the OpenMPI libs and not the MPT
>>> libs.

I noticed you are using a fairly old version of Open MPI (from before
we officially released v1.0.1). Could you try either v1.0.1 or a new
nightly tarball and see if you get the same results. I'm also a
little concerned about the output from mpirun -d -- can you double
check that you are using the mpirun from the right installation path
(and not one from an older version of Open MPI or LAM or MPICH or
something?).

Thanks,

Brian

--