From: Graham E Fagg (fagg_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-12-23 09:52:03

Hi Carsten

> I have also tried the tuned alltoalls and they are really great!! Only for
> very few message sizes in the case of 4 CPUs on a node one of my alltoalls
> performed better. Are these tuned collectives ready to be used for
> production runs?

We are actively testing them on larger systems to get better decision
functions.. can you send me the list of which sizes they do better and
worse for? (that way I can alter the decision functions). But the real
question is do they exhibit the strange performance behaviour that you
have with the other alltoall versions? (Noting that in my previous email
to you I stated that one of the alltoalls is a sendrecv pairbased
implementation).

> Carsten

Thanks,
         Graham.
Dr Graham E. Fagg | Distributed, Parallel and Meta-Computing
Innovative Computing Lab. PVM3.4, HARNESS, FT-MPI, SNIPE & Open MPI
Computer Science Dept | Suite 203, 1122 Volunteer Blvd,
University of Tennessee | Knoxville, Tennessee, USA. TN 37996-3450
Email: fagg_at_[hidden] | Phone:+1(865)974-5790 | Fax:+1(865)974-8296
Broken complex systems are always derived from working simple systems