From: Brian Barrett (brbarret_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-12-16 13:45:12

It appears you have found a bug in Libtool, the package we use for
hiding all the portability issues in building libraries. Thankfully,
Open MPI has been befriended by a Libtool developer and he provided a
workaround for your problem (Thanks Ralf!). If you configure with
the option LD="ld -64", you should be able to properly build. Can
you give this a whirl and let us know if it works?

Thanks,

Brian