From: Chris Gottbrath (chrisg_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-12-15 13:46:23

Yaron,

I'd recommend you check out TotalView.

It is a mature, established product designed just
for what it sounds like you are doing.

See our webpage at www.etnus.com.

You haven't mentioned what platform you are using but if
it is something that TV supports I think you'll find that
it is a good solution for problems in a C++ MPI program.

A few quick tidbits:

We have integration with MPI starter programs. I know that
OpenMPI supports this integration, but you might need to
update to the latest version and/or rebuild with --enable-debug
to take advantage of it.

We have great C++ support for a wide range of compilers
across a large set of platforms. This includes translation
of STL container classes to a nice readable format, support
for for your own template classes, nice representation of
inheritance, a c++ expression system that lets you call C++
object member functions, etc...

We have a cluster architecture that allows us to
scale to thousands of processors (though realistically
most people debug on the smallest size that will reproduce
their problem).

I'd be happy to correspond with you offlist if you do
decide to evaluate TotalView. Note that you can get
a free 15 day evaluation license directly from our
website.

Cheers,
Chris

--
Chris Gottbrath
Partner Technologies Engineer    Etnus, LLC