From: Brian Barrett (brbarret_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-12-13 14:01:36

On Dec 12, 2005, at 8:26 PM, John Robinson wrote:

> I am developing an application that needs the FT features. I cannot
> find any evidence of support for it in OpenMPI. Is the implementation
> much changed from the UTK version? Scheduled for a later release?
> Searching the site for, for example, "RESTARTED" turned up nothing.

The Open MPI 1.0 series does not contain fault tolerance features
like those found in FT-MPI. We are actively working on both
implementing features similar to those found in LAM/MPI (system-level
checkpoint/restart) and those found in FT-MPI. We do not currently
have a time table for releasing this work, but will announce when we
are ready for users to start testing our work.

Brian

--
   Brian Barrett
   Open MPI developer