From: Brian Barrett (brbarret_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-12-06 09:34:42

On Dec 5, 2005, at 4:05 PM, Pierre Valiron wrote:

> I tried to experiment open-mpi on our Solaris10 v40z cluster hoping
> it might surpass lam/mpi 7.1.2b28...
> I used the following script to compile in 64 bit mode:

> The configure runs fine and the make aborts very rapidly.
> I attach the log for configure+make and the config.log file.

George spotted the problem - it looks like config.guess/config.sub
always report i386 as the architecture when running on an Opteron.
This isn't totally unexpected -- generally config.guess / config.sub
reports the architecture target that is the default for the given
platform and, as you said, Solaris on Opteron defaults to emitting 32
bit code. I think I have a fix for this issue, but I don't have any
Opteron machines running Solaris to verify. Can you grab the Open
MPI tarball at the URL below and see if it builds properly?

If that works for you, we'll push the change into Open MPI 1.0.1
(it's a very small change).

   Brian Barrett
   Open MPI developer