From: Brian Barrett (brbarret_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-12-06 09:34:42

On Dec 5, 2005, at 4:05 PM, Pierre Valiron wrote:

> I tried to experiment open-mpi on our Solaris10 v40z cluster hoping
> it might surpass lam/mpi 7.1.2b28...
>
> I used the following script to compile in 64 bit mode:

<snip>

> The configure runs fine and the make aborts very rapidly.
> I attach the log for configure+make and the config.log file.

George spotted the problem - it looks like config.guess/config.sub
always report i386 as the architecture when running on an Opteron.
This isn't totally unexpected -- generally config.guess / config.sub
reports the architecture target that is the default for the given
platform and, as you said, Solaris on Opteron defaults to emitting 32
bit code. I think I have a fix for this issue, but I don't have any
Opteron machines running Solaris to verify. Can you grab the Open
MPI tarball at the URL below and see if it builds properly?

     http://www.open-mpi.org/~brbarret/download/
openmpi-1.1a1r8384.tar.gz

If that works for you, we'll push the change into Open MPI 1.0.1
(it's a very small change).

Thanks,

Brian

--