From: Brian Barrett (brbarret_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-12-01 14:02:40

On Dec 1, 2005, at 7:31 AM, Eugen Wintersberger wrote:

> Hi there
> I have a problem on compiling openmpi (1.0.1rc4) on an SGI origin.
> My configure command looks like this
>
> ./configure --prefix=/scratch/hlphysik/k353443 --disable-mpi-f77 --
> disable-mpi-f90 --enable-io-romio --enable-cxx-exceptions

Thanks for the bug report. I was able to replicate your problem - it
looks like a couple of things slipped in since I last tested on IRIX
(IRIX isn't officially supported by Open MPI, and gets only light
testing - usually when someone complains that it is broken). I've
attached a patch that will solve most of the compile issues. This
patch should apply cleanly to the 1.0 release and will be part of the
1.0.1 release.

There will still be one problem (at least, on our IRIX box) with a
undefined symbol dirname. The solution for now is to configure with:

   ./configure <normal options> LIBS="-lgen" --with-wrapper-libs="-lgen"

On all the platforms we officially support, dirname is in libc. On
IRIX, it appears to be in libgen, causing the linking issues. I'm
going to commit a fix to the trunk tonight that will solve the
problem in configure, but due to time constraints it will likely not
be in the 1.0.1 release. It should be in the 1.0.2 release, although
I can't give you a time table as to when we will have a 1.0.2 release.

Thanks for the report!

Brian

--
   Brian Barrett