From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-11-28 14:17:27

On Nov 28, 2005, at 1:44 PM, Tim S. Woodall wrote:

> You need to specify both --enable-static and --disable-shared to do a
> static
> build (not sure why, perhaps someone else can fill us in on that)...

Just to tie this up for the web logs:

This is correct. If you don't --disable-shared, then *both* static and
shared libraries are built. If both are build, all the OMPI tools
(like orted) will link against the dynamic libraries -- this appears to
be a libtool default (i.e., our Makefile.am's link against
..../libmpi.la and friends).

--
{+} Jeff Squyres
{+} The Open MPI Project