From: Rainer Keller (Keller_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-11-23 07:02:26

Dear Max,

You seem to be using gcc and gfortran as Fortran compiler.

As You read in the README - file, we need to set a compiler-flags to FFLAGS in
order to force the fortran compiler to have the "correct" (C) notion of a
logical... (required e.g. for PGI).

However, gfortran is not such a compiler (.TRUE. is represented as int and
it's value is 1), so You don't need to set the FFLAGS="-Munixlogical").

(we are aware of the general issue and have a patch which is very probably
going to be integrated into openmpi-1.0.1)

Hope this helps,
Rainer

On Wednesday 23 November 2005 12:09, Max Manfrin wrote:
> Dear *,
> I'm having some trouble in building the new Open MPI 1.0. The
> configure step doesn't go through. I attach the output of the command
> in the terminal and the config.LOG file in the file output-compile.tgz
>
> On this machine there is already the Open MPI 1.0rc4 that built
> without problem. I attach the result of the ompi_info --all command
> in the file ompi_info_1rc4.txt.zip
>
> Thanks in advance for any help you might give me.
>
> ----
> Max MANFRIN
> http://iridia.ulb.ac.be/~mmanfrin/

>** **
> ** ** WARNING: This email contains an attachment of a very suspicious
> type. ** ** You are urged NOT to open this attachment unless you are
> absolutely ** ** sure it is legitmate. Opening this attachment may
> cause irreparable ** ** damage to your computer and your files. If you
> have any questions ** ** about the validity of this message, PLEASE
> SEEK HELP BEFORE OPENING IT. ** **
> ** ** This warning was added by the IU
> Computer Science Dept. mail scanner. **
>**

Dipl.-Inf. Rainer Keller       email: keller_at_[hidden]
  High Performance Computing     Tel: ++49 (0)711-685 5858
    Center Stuttgart (HLRS)        Fax: ++49 (0)711-678 7626
  POSTAL:Nobelstrasse 19             http://www.hlrs.de/people/keller
  ACTUAL:Allmandring 30, R. O.030
  70550 Stuttgart