From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-11-20 11:23:03

To follow up on this thread --

Now that 1.0 is out the door, I went back and implemented this prior
suggestion (about making it easier to launch Open MPI under debuggers
other than TotalView -- see original text below). This is only
implemented on the trunk, meaning that it will be in the 1.1 series; it
will not be in any 1.0.x release.

The MCA parameter that contains the list of debuggers to search is
orte_base_user_debugger. It currently defaults to:

        totalview @mpirun@ -a @mpirun_args@ : fx2 @mpirun@ -a @mpirun_args@

where @mpirun@ and @mpirun_args@ are substituted at run-time. We can
certainly add more debuggers to the default value, if desired. Local
users can, of course, override the default with any of the usual MCA
parameter-setting mechanisms (files, environment variables,
command-line parameters).

The mpirun option -tv is hereby deprecated and is now simply a synonym
for --debug (i.e., it won't go away because of the precedent set in the
1.0.x series).

--
{+} Jeff Squyres
{+} The Open MPI Project