From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-11-19 13:04:01

Enrique --

I also recently added a section to the FAQ about TCP optimization.
It's a bit sparse at the moment, but please feel free to pester us with
questions -- whenever we see good questions, we add them to the FAQ!

http://www.open-mpi.org/faq/?category=tuning
http://www.open-mpi.org/faq/?category=tcp

Be sure to look at the TCP BTL parameters that are available:

        ompi_info --param btl tcp

Many of them are still lacking descriptions, so, again, feel free to
pester us with questions. :-)

On Nov 16, 2005, at 5:23 PM, Enrique Curchitser wrote:

> Thank you. It did the trick! Now on to optimizing the communications
> over gig-ethernet.
>

> _________________
> Enrique Curchitser
> ec605_at_[hidden]
>

> On Nov 16, 2005, at 4:29 PM, Troy Telford wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 14:16:20 -0700, Enrique Curchitser
>> <ec605_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I put together a small cluster (4 computers) which has one head node
>>> that sees the world
>>> and 3 that are on a private network. If I want to use the head node
>>> (which has 2 NICs)
>>> as part of the ring, how do I tell it to go over the NIC that is part
>>> of the private network?
>>> In mpich, there is a modification to the hostfile, but I did not see
>>> any such thing with OpenMPI
>>>

>> Here's an entry from an earlier post to this list (in the archives)
>> that I
>> believe applies:
>>
>> http://www.open-mpi.org/community/lists/users/2005/11/0337.php

{+} Jeff Squyres