From: Brian Barrett (brbarret_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-11-18 09:37:42

On Nov 18, 2005, at 2:54 AM, Dries Kimpe wrote:

> I have a question about the --with-wrapper-ldflags option;
>
> I need to pass 2 different rpaths to the wrapper compilers,
> so I tried
>
> - --with-wrapper-ldflags="-Wl,-rpath -Wl,pathA -Wl,-rpath -Wl,pathB"
>
> However, it seems that the second Wl,-rpath gets filtered out.
>
> (config/ompi_setup_wrappers.m4 contains a call to OMPI_UNIQUE for
> the flags)
>
> The result is that mpicc/c++/... is no longer functional because the
> linker gets passed a -Wl,-rpath -Wl,pathA -Wl,pathB ...
>
> Is this intentional?

No, not intentional at all. Instead, you have the honor of the first
reported bug in Open MPI v1.0 ;). Unfortunately, OMPI_UNIQ is pretty
nasty, so it is going to take a little while to work out a patch for
fixing this. In the mean time, I believe that doing something like:

     --with-wrapper-ldflags="-Wl,-rpath,pathA -Wl,-rpath,pathB"

will do essentially the same thing and get you past the OMPI_UNIQ
bug. I believe (again, could be wrong) that most compilers will
parse that into the correct number of options to pass to the linker.

Hope this helps,

Brian

--
   Brian Barrett