From: Brian Barrett (brbarret_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-11-07 11:32:53

On Nov 7, 2005, at 1:17 AM, Allan Menezes wrote:

> Hi,
> I am using Oscar 4.2. I have two ethernet cards on compute nodes,
> eth0, eth1[one 10/100Mbps and one realtek 8169 gigabit NIC] and 4
> ethernet cards on the head node , eth0 10/100Mbps, eth1 10/100Mbps,
> eth2
> realtek 8169 gigabit, eth3 a built in 3com gigabit ethernet with the
> sk98lin driver. I am using FC3. Can you give me an mpirun command for
> this hardware to run hpl?
> The command line i use looks like:
> mpirun --mca btl_tcp_if_include eth2 --mca btl tcp --hostfile aa -
> np 16
> ./xhpl from the benchmark directory.
> But it spews out with errors about eth2 and not being able to find the
> HPL.dat file.
> All the 8169 cards on all nodes are connected by Gig copper cables
> to a
> 16 port gigabit switch .

I think you would want to use btl_tcp_if_include eth1 instead of
eth2, since you don't have an eth2 on your compute nodes. As for not
being able to find HPL.dat, I'm not sure why that would be a problem
- are you sure the file exists in the same directory as the xhpl
binary (on all nodes)?

Brian

--
   Brian Barrett