From: Brian Barrett (brbarret_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-10-27 09:40:04

On Oct 27, 2005, at 8:22 AM, Eugen Wintersberger wrote:

> *** Assembler
> checking directive for setting text section... .text
> checking directive for exporting symbols... .globl
> checking suffix for labels... :
> checking prefix for global symbol labels...
> checking for BSD-compatible nm... /usr/bin/nm -B
> checking prefix for lsym labels... $
> checking prefix for function in .type... @
> checking if .size is needed... yes
> checking if .align directive takes logarithmic value... yes
> checking for fgrep... grep -F
> checking whether to enable smp locks... yes
> configure: error: No atomic primitives available for
> alphaev56-unknown-linux-gnu
>
> Has anyone of you an idea what I can do with this. Is the alpha
> platform
> supported by openmpi?

Not at this time, no. I believe we have a half implemented, untested
set of primitives for Alpha, so it would not take much effort to add
them. If someone out in OMPI land has a machine they could give me
access to, I can add this to the todo list.

> Second we have an SGI Origin at our university. After unpacking, the
> configure command runs without any problems. But a subsequent make
> gives
>
> ln -s "../../opal/asm/generated/atomic-mips-irix.s" atomic-asm.s
> /bin/sh ../../libtool --mode=compile gcc -O3 -DNDEBUG -
> fno-strict-aliasing -c -o atomic-asm.lo atomic-asm.s
> gcc -O3 -DNDEBUG -fno-strict-aliasing -c atomic-asm.s -DPIC -
> o .libs/atomic-asm.o
> as: Error: /atomic-asm.s, line 146: Not all branch-label symbols
> were defined
> as: Error: /atomic-asm.s, line 41: Label referenced but not
> defined: Lretry1
> *** Error code 1 (bu21)
> *** Error code 1 (bu21)
> *** Error code 1 (bu21)

That shouldn't happen. I think I have access to a couple SGI boxes
around here - I'll give that a whirl this afternoon. What version of
IRIX was this on?

Brian

--
   Brian Barrett