From: Hugh Merz (merz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-10-18 15:37:05

Howdy,

   I tried installing the release candidate with thread support
enabled ( --enable-mpi-threads and --enable-progress-threads ) using an
old rh7.3 install and a recent fc4 install (Intel compilers). When I try
to run a simple test program, the executable, mpirun and orted all sleep
in what appears to be a deadlock. If I compile ompi without threads
everything works fine.

   The faq states that thread support has only been lightly tested, and
there was only brief discussion about it in the maillist 8 months ago -
have there been any developments, and should I expect it to work properly?

Thanks,

Hugh