From: Toon Knapen (toon.knapen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-10-12 14:52:06

William Gropp wrote:

> You might also look at http://www-unix.mcs.anl.gov/mpi/tools/genericmpi/
> . The software is currently being revised but should be available
> soon. For users willing to interpose libraries, this solves many (but
> not all) of these problems, particularly for C-only applications.

When will it be accessible? Sneak-preview? Is the source just
distributed or do you actually accept contributions? The reason I ask is
because we work with a multitude of open-source software but we do not
consider soth. multi-platform from the moment it supports 2 different
version of gcc ; therefore we prefer to contribute to open-source
software mainly to port it to other-than-linux machines because it's so
much easier if these porting patches actually get accepted.

toon