From: Daryl W. Grunau (dwg_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-20 11:41:37

Hi, I've got a dual-homed IB + GigE connected cluster for which I've built
a very recent drop of OpenMPI (w/ mvapi support). I'm having difficulty
making OMPI solely use native verbs as it's communication between nodes.
I've tried all incantations of the following mca parameters to no avail:

   --mca btl_tcp_if_exclude "lo,eth0,eth1,ib0,ib1"
   --mca ptl_tcp_if_include "lo,eth0,eth1,ib0,ib1"

Note I'm putting ib in the list because I really don't wish to use IP/IB;
OMPI should be able to communicate at the native verbs level, right? If I
leave ib0/1 unconfigured on my host, OMPI uses eth0 for its communication.
If I bring up ib0, OMPI uses both eth0 and ib0! Is there any way I can
specify for it to use none of these TCP interfaces? TIA!

Daryl

P.s. I can send output of ompi_info if that is helpful.