From: Brian Barrett (brbarret_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-20 02:27:51

On Sep 19, 2005, at 11:39 PM, Lisa Glendenning wrote:

> Output is attached. The make failed (see the tail of make.LOG). I
> am on a Mac OS 10.4, using the packaged gcc, and am attempting --
> enable-static. I previously got OpenMPI to build without the --
> enable-static option. I am using version 1.0a1r7423.
>

> <output.tar.gz>

There is a linking issue with Open MPI on OS X when using static
libraries. The simple work around is to disable one of the
components that causes a naming conflict. If you add the option "--
enable-mca-no-build=pml-uniq" to configure and rebuild, you shouldn't
run into any problems.

Thanks,

Brian

--