From: Jonathan Day (imipak_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-13 17:01:21

Ok, I've established that the macros used do exist in
the Linux MIPS64 header files. They are located in
<asm/asm.h> So, it seems safe to guess that something
is getting confused.

I'm trying an experiment, by copying the MIPS
configuration section and having it look for mips64*
or mipsisa64*. It then sets the assembler symbol to
MIPS64.

I copied all the MIPS files I've found so far into
MIPS64 files. I do not believe the assembly differs
between Irix and Linux, my interest lies more in why
Linux is not picking up the macros and it seems a
reasonable first step to change some key symbols and
see what breaks.

http://mail.yahoo.com