From: Jonathan Day (imipak_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-12 00:43:54

I'll try the MIPS (aka MIPS32) solution - hey, it
can't kill anything. There are some subtle
differences, but most MIPS64 boards'll run MIPS32 code
(I think in a similar way to the way AMD's 64-bit
chips also run 32-bit code).

However, for anyone planning a "native" MIPS64
solution, I've found a few technical documents that
seem to cover the material wanted:

The basic MIPS64 (and MIPS32) specification,
instruction set, et al, can be found at:

Free registration is required to download the manuals.

The Broadcom manual specifically for the SB1 chip and
the boards Broadcom uses them in can be found at:

Although I can't see this being overly useful for
OpenMPI, the SB1 also implements HyperTransport.

It might be useful if someone was writing some really
exotic stuff, though, and I've found it's almost
impossible to have too many manuals.

Yahoo! for Good
Watch the Hurricane Katrina Shelter From The Storm concert