From: Brian Barrett (brbarret_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-10 16:45:48

On Sep 9, 2005, at 4:13 PM, Jonathan Day wrote:

> It has taken me a while to try a few things out at
> this end, but in the end I've still drawn a blank. To
> recap, I'm compiling on a Broadcom SB1, which is a
> MIPS64 board, using a Gnu compiler and tools. The
> error message I get is:
>
> configure: error: No atomic primitives available for
> mips64-unknown-linux-gnu

I think that this is a fairly easy fix - Irix identifies any MIPS
chip as a mips-* from config.guess, but Linux apparently makes a
distinction between mips and mips64. Attached is a patch that should
help, although you will need to run autogen.sh (and have all the
tools described here: http://www.open-mpi.org/svn/building.php). Can
you apply this patch, reconfigure / build and run "make check" in
[topsrcdir]/test? The make check includes some basic tests to make
sure the atomic operations behave properly.

Thanks!

Brian

--
   Brian Barrett