From: Brian Barrett (brbarret_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-09-02 15:36:31

On Sep 1, 2005, at 8:11 PM, Borenstein, Bernard S wrote:

> I tried a recent tarball of open-mpi and it worked well on my 64
> bit linux cluster running the Nasa Overflow 1.8ab
>
> cfd code. I’m looking forward to the 1.0 release of the product.
> The only strange thing I noticed is that the output file
>
> is written in DOS format (with CR and LF) on my unix system. Did I
> miss something or is this the way it
>
> is supposed to work??

I'm not familiar with the NASA Overflow code. I'm assuming that you
are talking about output written via stdout/stderr? If so, we play
some small games with ptys to do I/O redirection, but I haven't seen
anything like this before. Can you provide any more information
(where the output is going to, how the DOS/UNIX format is selected,
etc) that might help pin the issue down?

Brian